photo by: Hank Hession
Welcome to part three of our series on hair extensions. We’re exploring the different ways you can add extra length and fullness to your hair without having to wait years for it to grow out naturally. We’ve already covered weaves and bonds, and this week we’re onto clip-in hair extensions.
What Are Clip-in Hair Extensions?
Clip-in hair extensions are pretty self explanatory. You purchase hair extensions that come with clips on them, and you simply clip them into your hair. They often come in small pieces or bigger ones that cover more of your head… and yes, clip-in bangs are totally a thing.
Clip-ins are great because they’re super easy to use at home, or if you’re having difficulty doing that, you can make an appointment at our Toronto salon and we can show you how to properly install and style them into your hair so they look natural.
As with any kind of hair extensions, they’re not all created equal. If you’re buying clip-in hair, make sure it’s good quality. Virgin hair will look the most natural, while plastic varieties look like… plastic. You can also try really bold looks like the colourful feather clip-ins pictured above.
Who Should Use Clip-ins?
Clip-in hair extensions are a great option for people who want to make dramatic yet temporary changes to their hair. Here are some great reasons to try them:
• You want to add some extra length to your hair without having to grow it out.
• Your hair is thinning and you want to add extra fullness.
• You want to add some highlights without actually chemically processing your hair – just clip a few lighter coloured strands into your natural mane.
• You want to be able to change your look frequently – clip-ins only last as long as you want them to, and you can easily add them or take them out.
• You want a bold and glamorous look for a special occasion (like Halloween, New Years, your wedding, etc.).
Clip-in hair extensions are a fun way to change your hair without too much commitment, and if you take good care of them, they can provide years of enjoyment. If you’re new to the world of hair extensions, our stylists would be happy to walk you through your options. Book your appointment today!