Ever wonder if you haircut and style flatters your face shape? Just because a hairstyle looks good on your bestie doesn’t mean it’s going to look good on you too. To help you find the best cut to flatter your face so you can look your best and avoid those icky bad hair days, we’ve compiled some hair styling tips that work best for specific face shapes. If you’re still in doubt, feel free to schedule an appointment at our Yorkville hair salon and we’d be happy to help you find your perfect hair cut and style.
If your face is round…
- Can’t go wrong by going long — a long hairstyle will lengthen your features
- Add long layers for just the right amount of body, but don’t cut them shorter than the chin
- Two words — sweepy bangs — a long, angled bang is your best bet if you’re looking for fringe
If your face is square…
- Like our round faced friends, square face shapes look best with long hairstyles
- The lob or “long bob” has an awful name but looks amazing on a square face, softening the jawbone and chin
- Graduated layers that start at the chin will help dial down angularity and play up your pearly whites
If your face is heart shaped…
- Go classic and frame your face with a bob — few face shapes can pull it off as well as yours!
- Chop off even more and try out a pixie cut, which adds length to your face while showing off your features
- Not ready to chop it? Try a long cut with a center part
If your face is long or oval shaped…
- Bangs, bangs, bangs! A little fringe will make your face look rounder and fuller
- Want even more width? A chin length bob will do the trick!
- Stay away from long cuts, unless you have wavy or curly hair, and focus on styles with plenty of body