Hi, my name is Jessica and I’m the newest member of the Studio 86 blogging team. I’m so happy that I’ve finally found an amazing Toronto hair salon, and that I get to do fun stuff like test drive their products and services and write about them.
I’ve put my hair through a lot over the years. I’ve had seven perms in my life, I color my hair every eight weeks, and I subject my hair to a flat iron and curling wand on a regular basis. This has taken a toll on the condition of my hair, especially since I haven’t been doing any regular treatments.
Last summer, I committed the ultimate crime against my hair and experimented with going blonde. Since returning back to brown, my hair continues to feel dry as a result of the several blonde processes it endured, and it’s definitely thinner and prone to breakage. I’ve been trying to find a treatment that will return it to its former glory, so I was really excited about this new deep conditioning treatment just added to the service menu at Studio 86.
L’Oreal Steam Pod: What Is It?
L’Oreal Steam Pod is a pro-keratin treatment that deep conditions your hair. It’s really great for a number of reasons:
- You save time in the salon because it’s a treatment and style in one – no more hood dryer treatments!
- The results last up to five shampoos, and the more treatments you get, the longer these results last.
- It visibly repairs your hair.
- The steam gently opens the cuticle, driving the product deep into the hair fibre, while keeping optimal levels of hydration.
- It doesn’t contain any formaldehyde like some keratin treatments (fun fact: those treatments are actually banned in Canada! Learn more here and here.)
- It’s a lot more affordable than other treatments, which can run you as much as $200 a hit. Coming in at just $40, L’Oreal Steam Pod is much easier to add to your regular hair care routine.
Who Should Try It?
L’Oreal Steam Pod is great for anyone who would like shinier, smoother hair. I noticed a difference right away. My hair looked 100 times better halfway through the styling process. On top of that, I went out the next night and a complete stranger complimented me on how smooth my hair looked! Check it out!
This treatment is great for all types of hair, but especially for hair that is very dehydrated or highly processed. It’s highly recommended for textured hair after a relaxer treatment because it replenishes the hair protein.
If you want to add it to your regular conditioning routine, Studio 86 head stylist Kahlae recommends a L’Oreal Steam Pod treatment every four to six weeks, or whenever you get a particularly intense hair service, such as colouring or relaxing.
Here’s a great before and after!
Win a L’Oreal Steam Pod Treatment!
To celebrate this new addition to the Studio 86 hair services menu, we’re giving away a free L’Oreal Steam Pod treatment! Here’s how to enter:
1. Like this post
2. Comment on the post and let us know the worst HAIR CRISIS you’ve ever had!
Contest closes this Friday, March 28th, 2014. We’ll be drawing a winner at random, and announcing it on our Facebook page on Saturday, March 29th, 2014.
Congratulations to contest winner JOANNA C!