We just added a few new talented hairstylists to the team here at Studio 86 in Yorkville, and that means we have also added an exciting new service to the menu! Now available at Studio 86: gorgeous, handmade, U-part wigs!
What is a U-part wig, you ask?
We’ll let our resident U-part wig specialist, Shelliann, fill you in:
A U-part wig is a time-saving and versatile version of a sew-in weave. It mimics a weave, but instead of sewing each weft of hair to the braid, the hair is sewn to a lace cap. A small portion of your hair is left out to incorporate a side part or centre part for a natural look.
Pros of U-part wigs:
According to Shelliann, a U-part wig is a good choice for a number of reasons, including:
- It’s great for protective styling
- It looks natural because it’s blended in with your own hair
- It’s quick and easy to install and style – great for busy schedules!
- Compared to a weave, it requires less braiding and sewing to install
- It’s great for combatting the effects of humid weather on your hair
- It’s easy to remove and reapply on your own
- You can change your look easily
- You can remove it each night if you want to
- You can shampoo, deep condition and moisturize your hair and scalp more easily than if you had a weave
- There’s less tension on your hairline compared to a weave
- It’s easier to maintain the cut and style compared to a weave
- You have options: sew-in to braids, clip on, or wig comb
- It’s more affordable than a weave, so you can get more than one for different occasions!
- It’s a great investment!
Cons of U-part wigs:
As you can see above, U-part wigs come with a lot of benefits, but they’re not for everyone. To wear a U-part wig, your hair needs to be at least three inches long for blending. It’s also not a good option for you if you don’t want your natural hair to be visible.
Want to explore your U-part weave options? Book a consultation with Shelliann at Studio 86 today!